There are ten leadership qualities every leader should possess in order to further their interests. Ownership of these ten leadership qualities will gain the respect and devotion of those under them.
1. Fairness: Every leader needs to be impartial in all their dealing. All sides must be looked at before coming to a conclusion without any biases.
2. Sense of Humor: A leader with a sense of humor can make working that much more enjoyable. Employees that enjoy their work will put more effort into their tasks.
3. Creativity: Going about tasks in an out of the ordinary way can increase enthusiasm about a project, which will return better results in the long run. Creativity is also important while keeping one step ahead of the competition.
4. Assertiveness: An effective leader must not be afraid to be assertive. Assertiveness is not to be confused with fierceness. There is a delicate balance between being respectfully assertive, and simply rude.
5. Dedication: High-quality leaders put all their effort and commitment into every project. This will inspire those following the leader to regard the tasks as more than obstacles from going home.
6. Communication: Communication is one of the most important leadership qualities. A leader has to delegate responsibilities in order to complete tasks efficiently. Those receiving responsibilities need to have clear instructions on what to complete.
7. Passion: Passion is infectious when it comes to leadership. If a leader shows passion for the mission, it will be easy for employees to understand why it is imperative to put in the best possible effort.
8. Listening: As opposed to having proficient communication skills, leaders additionally have to possess the skill to listen carefully. Leaders must retain all information as it might be useful for future plans or strategies.
9. Trustworthy: Employees must be able to trust their leaders to make the most favorable decisions for the sake of the company, business, or team. A lack of trust within a team can cause fissures to come to fruition. In order for a team to be successful, it needs to work as a solid body.
10. Generosity: Although a leader is responsible for the overall completion of a task, ideas can come for those within a team. When this occurs, it is vital that the leader gives credit where credit is due. Those under the leader will be resentful if the leader keeps all the glory.
Know any other great qualities? Leave a comment below.
Klemmer & Associates